February 5, 2012

The changing of the flags...

Christmas is over.
The "holidays" are over.
Please turn off your festive lights.

I'm a bit of a bah humbug when it comes to "advertising" the upcoming season before it is truly time.
It doesn't seem fair to make every upcoming holiday/ritual/turkey-fest all about the advertising. Is it just me or does it take away from the simple meanings?
Walmart and Costco seem to take the cake when it comes to turning on the RUIN button because they make Christmas start in July.  SO irritating.  Today I was at a craft store (shhhh, don't tell) and I saw Easter decorations.  I threw up a little in my mouth.  LAME!!!  TOO EARLY EASTER BUNNY.  Take your chocolate eggs and pack em away for another month you greedy lil bunny!  Good grief!

Anyway, on a happy times note I'd like to welcome the upcoming season of LOVE and that cute wee cupid that is associated with the day!
I have become a mini flag flyer and I found a darling HEART HEART one. The changing of the flags is a special ritual I perform. When I find a new flag I feel like a kid again collecting puffy stickers to put in my sticker book.  Squeal!
I suppose love should always be in the air but Valentine's Day is a bit of a fun tradition, even if it is about loving yourself for a single moment on February 14th! There are so many legends about V day, I'd encourage you to have a read here or here.

welcome love
lovelies
lovebirds
love songs
legends of love
and tiny cinammon hearts!
(The flag will disappear Feb 15th.  Promise!)


Happy Sunday LOVES!

P.S. Sending birthday love to my friend Sarah! XOXO



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts... I love to hear from you and appreciate your feedback!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...