February 28, 2012

VEGAN Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

I'm not a vegan.
I don't ever plan to be a Vegan.
We can just get that out of the way.

However, I do know a good snack when I taste one, especially the dessert variety.
I love baking but very rarely, if EVER, do I stray from simple and basic ingredients.
BUTTER
FLOUR
CHOCOLATE CHIPS
VANILLA
Not exactly low calorie, but NOM NOM good.
I never substitute apple sauce for sugars, fancy mixtures for flours or margarine for butter.  I'm a fan of old school, heavy calorie and full on taste when it comes to baking.
However, this yummy recipe gave me a good old fashioned hug.
It is simple.
Fast.
And holds a lot of nutritional value.
The best part is that is uses everyday ingredients that we all have in our cupboards.

VEGAN BANANA OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

1 1/2 large ripe bananas, mashed
1 tsp vanilla extract
2tbsp coconut oil, warm (or olive oil)
1 cup rolled oats (not the quick kind)
1/3 cup almond meal (ground almonds)
3 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp fine-grain sea salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips or dark chocolate bar, chopped (I used good old semi sweet chocolate chips)

Preheat ovent to 350 F.
In large bowl, mash bananas and mash in the vanilla and coconut oil; set aside.
In another bowl, whisk together oats, almond meal, shredded coconut, cinnamon, salt, chocolate and baking powder.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until combined.
Place one inch apart on baking sheet.
Bake for 14 minutes until bottoms are golden.
Let cool for about 20 minutes to set.

Dough is loose & doesn't hold well but once you shape it into small balls, it'll set in the oven.
(thank you to my friend Annabelle who shared this delicious recipe with us).




2 comments:

  1. Anonymous28.2.12

    Thank you for sending this! I will definately give it a try. We always like a good vegan cookie in this household!

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5.2.14

    This looks really terrific! Great photos, looks so good! Thank you and God bless! Wonderful idea!
    Lucille

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts... I love to hear from you and appreciate your feedback!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...